Re: [Gnash-dev] ffmpeg version grokking

From: Russ Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ffmpeg version grokking
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:08:25 -0400

Rob Savoye writes:
 >    We definitely *never* want configure tests that have to be run to
 > determine anything, as it will break cross compiling.

I stared down the avcodec.h file and it blinked.  I can grep for
'LIBAVCODEC_VERSION_{MAJOR,MINOR,MICRO}', which seem to be new for
this versioning scheme.  Their values are plain ints, from which I
will construct a version string in our time-honored fashion.

Also, your great idea (sent to me in private email) for using -I
/path/to/avformat and -I /path/to/avcodec won't work, because
avcodec.h immediately #includes <avutils/avutils.h>, so it's parent
has to be on the include path *anyway*.  Any sane installation or
packaging should have them all in the same parent, because that's how
ffmpeg installs them.  They'll either all be in .../ffmpeg, or they'll
be in .../{libavcodec,libavformat,libavutils}.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software