Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenGL renderer broken on FreeBSD

From: Dmitry Marakasov
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenGL renderer broken on FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:40:14 +0400

* Bastiaan Jacques (address@hidden) wrote:

> Given that the performance with nv, as you noted, is much better than
> with your card, I would strongly suspect your issue is a bug in the
> nvidia driver, and perhaps in the X server also. (I am aware that other
> people with proper hardware acceleration have been using this code for
> quite a while.)
That's because of accumulation buffer, yes. I've made simple SDL test
(http://amdmi3.ru/glaccum-test.tar.gz if you're interested) that repeats
the bug:

./without_accum
Seconds: 20.00, frames: 10335, FPS: 516.739
./with_accum
Seconds: 20.26, frames: 10, FPS: 0.494

Well, it's really simple to turn of glAccum stuff in gnash code, so I'll
patch it for FreeBSD port, as a workaround for now. Still will do some
digging on why's accumulation buffer is so slow here.

--
Dmitry A. Marakasov    | jabber: address@hidden
address@hidden       | http://www.amdmi3.ru