[Gnash-dev] Re: Status report on NetStream redesign (with patch and RFC)

From: zou lunkai
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: Status report on NetStream redesign (with patch and RFC)
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 09:47:13 +0800

> To make rewrite simpler, I got rid of some features which
> we'll want to have but for now are implemented in such
> a non-general way that only disturb refactoring.

> In particular here's what is gone:

>       1) Drop any use of threads
>       2) Drop support for non-FLV formats
>       3) Drop audio support

1) is completely fine to me, as we have observed so many troubles with
threads. And threading bugs cann't be easily tested with our
testsuite(thus hard to maintain).

2) should also be fine at this moment, other things could be added
after stabilizing the main part.

3) did audio work before with ffmpeg?

--zou