Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.3 release candidate 2

From: Russ Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.3 release candidate 2
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 13:08:23 -0400

Patrice Dumas writes:
 > On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 09:42:41AM -0400, Russ Nelson wrote:
 > >
 > > At least in theory, ./configure should give you a warning for every
 > > testing package that is not installed.  It should also give you good
 > > advice for installing that package.  If it doesn't, then that's a
 > > bug.
 >
 > It does, but are all those really needed? If yes, then I'll install all,

They're all needed to do all the tests.  Tests which are missing
dependencies get skipped.  Not the end of the world, but the test
cases are there for a reason.

 > but if not... Anyway I have swfmill and ming already almost installed,
 > I'll install mtasc and swfc, but it may take more time nad be on the
 > week end.

That's okay.  I threatened the translators with release next Tuesday,
so we can shoot for having packages for 0.8.3 by then.

 > I do:
 > ./configure --enable-gui=kde,gtk,sdl --enable-cygnal
 >
 > gst is selected. It is certainly what will end up in the fedora package.
 > Is it right for the release? Or should I test other combinations?

Other people may have other opinions, but yes, I believe that gst is
correct for the release.

ffmpeg has caused us the most trouble, so yes, please test it.
./configure --enable-media=ffmpeg

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software