[Gnash-dev] Playing Flash video ".flv" files on Windows XP using Gnash W

From: Sternbach, William
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Playing Flash video ".flv" files on Windows XP using Gnash Windows Executable - question about the FFMpeg dependency.
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:50:43 -0400

Hi,

I am a new user of Gnash.  I downloaded the Windows executable from the
Gnu Gnash web page.
When I open up a Windows XP Command prompt, and give this command:

fltk-gnash.exe video1.flv

I get this error: Could not load movie 'video1.flv'.

The file video1.flv is a Video I downloaded from youtube.com using the
Mozilla Firefox 3 Addon: Fast Video Download 1.6.1.
This Flash Video file ("video1.flv") plays on other Flash Video players
such as Adobe's Media Player, and the free
Wondershare flv player.

But it won't play on the Gnu Gnash player.  I did some reading and found
that it might require (I'm not sure) the FFMpeg.
I visited: http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/, but wasn't sure how to use this
with the Windows Executable for Gnash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,