Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.3 sound playback bugs

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.3 sound playback bugs
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 16:42:02 -0600

Carlos Nazareno wrote:

> http://www.zengraffiti.com/games/ufoCatcher.html

  This works fine with trunk on a Fedora 9 workstation, but the exact
same executable (statically linked, using ffmpeg directly) also has
sound problems on the XO. So it must be something lower level.

> Tested in Gnash 0.8.3 running on both Fedora 9 and OLPC Sugar LiveCD
> Sept.19 2008 joyride build, in virtualbox. (oddly, Gnash in that OLPC
> joyride liveCD shipped with sound/MP3 playback enabled)
> Can you guys check? In Fedora 9 in Firefox 3, I'm getting horrible
> screeching static in between fluctuating sound levels for the
> background music. In OLPC livecd, I'm getting fluctuating sound

  I built Gnash trunk for XO build 767, and I get horrible sound for
most everything. I did install the gstreamer-ffmpeg plugin from livna,
which appears to work at this moment.

  YouTube video works, and is a bit slow, but once again, the sound is
terrible. So it's not a direct Gstreamer problem. I'll try mplayer to
see if it has the same problem.