Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.4 expected within days.

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.4 expected within days.
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 16:36:04 +0200

Tomas Groth wrote:

> When running configure i get this error:
> checking where the gettext function comes from... libc
> checking For the version of libtool... 2.2.6
> configure: error: You shouldn't be here!

  I just fixed this one. If you have libltdl installed, it'll work fine,
but it's a definite bug with the source tarball. I just figured out a
better way to dtermine the version of libtool being used.

> After running autogen.sh configure runs fine

  I had to add support for the newer libtool, as it's in Intrepid. The
error you got is the source tarball was produced with libtool of one
version, and you're trying to build it with the other version.

> I tried to build the new firefox-xpi extension, so first i ran "make dist",
> and then "make xpi", but the last one fails because it expects
> "gnash-trunk.tar.bz2" to have been created by "make dist", but it creates
> "gnash-trunk.tar.gz". After repacking the tarball to bz2 "make xpi" runs, but
> ends in this error (I've translated the errors to english):

  Sounds like we need to add something to the dist rule.