[Gnash-dev] plugin debugging

From: Russ Nelson
Subject: [Gnash-dev] plugin debugging
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:00:08 -0400

Hmmm....  I'm wondering if we ought to have the plugin write a shell
script to /tmp/gnash-plugin.sh which runs gnash -vv and the rest of
the parameters in a standalone environment.  Just one small file, when
the plugin gets requested to render something.  That would be the only
thing it writes by default, so the School Linux folks who are having
a problem with gnash writing too much stuff to the X server log file,
wouldn't.

If we do that, we could easily tell people "Run /tmp/gnash-plugin.sh"
when they have a problem.  It would take care of sending email to
address@hidden (or somesuch place).

It would also give people, currently frustrated, something to do which
would be successful.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Unregulation is a slippery
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | slope to prosperity and