Re: [Gnash-dev] Hello gnash people

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hello gnash people
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:10:57 -0600

Stijn Raaijmakers wrote:

> I have had a great deal of help from the http://wiki.gnashdev.org/ and
> osflash.org and have just today been digging into the gnash source to
> find some pointers.

  Glad to see somebody reads all that stuff on gnashdev. :-) Makes me
feel better about the time to takes to write documentation.

> Basicly I am looking for some people, or a community, to exchange info
> with about how to communicatie with flash media server.

  You can also potentially use amfPHP, which also does the client side
RTMP. I've done all the RTMP reverse engineering, and would love to
exchange information on this with others trying to do similar things.

> Also, I have a very urgent question on my mind: do you currently have
> RTMP (partly) working in gnash?

  Only as a standalone utility, but it hasn't been integrated into Gnash
yet. I've also been working on the server side as well. Cygnal is an FMS
3 work alike I've been hacking on lately. The goal for the base
libraries I wrote for handling RTMP is designed to be useable
standalone, and not just for Gnash. Chances are the rtmpget utility will
be more useful than Gnash, as it already does the client side well
enough to download videos using RTMP.