Re: [Gnash-dev] RTMP + deleteStream

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] RTMP + deleteStream
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 09:05:11 -0700

Red Flesh wrote:

> What I still didn't managed to understand is how the deleteStream is
> supposed to work, what I noticed is that if I
> don't clean up the used streams after use when I reach a certain limit I got
> a disconnection from the FMS (which is a problem for me).

  Sounds like a bug in FMS to me...

> I grepped the gnash source and I didn't found any occurrence of
> "deleteStream", can you say if it is documented somewhere
> and provide me some pointer/any guess of how it works?

  As the person doing most of the RTMP hacking, the honest answer is I
have no idea, as I don't use FMS, and Cygnal, our FMS clone works
differently... My guess would be you'd invoke deleteStream on an
existing stream ID after closing the stream. In all my packet sniffing,
I've not seen any deleteStream messages, just closeStream ones.

> and linked pages, but I couldn't find any relevant info.
> I'll gladly contribute to the docs if possible.

  That'd be nice, our RTMP docs are far from complete. :-)