Re: [Gnash-dev] ColorTransform and EditText (YouTube buzz videos)

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ColorTransform and EditText (YouTube buzz videos)
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:06:01 +0100

Am Montag, den 09.02.2009, 19:44 +0100 schrieb Michael Fötsch:
> Benjamin Wolsey wrote:
>  > It sounds like it is embedded in the YouTube movie. In the testcase you
>  > attached there were no glyph records (if I remember correctly), so it
>  > would use a device font even if the SWF specified an embedded font.
>
> Okay, I managed to create a movie that uses an embedded font (starting
> from testsuite/samples/shared-fonts.swf). With an embedded font, Gnash
> behaves just like Flash 10 (ColorTransform does apply to the TextField).

Great! What would be very useful as a starting point is a manual ming
testcase so that the behaviour can be verified visually: several
static / dynamic TextFields variously with embedded and device fonts,
and with various rgba values for the text and the parent MovieClip. If
there is a description of what it should look like, it is at least
helpful for fixing the bug even if it doesn't stop regressions so
easily.

The fix is possibly in TextRecord::displayRecords() - when it's a device
font, using cxform() instead of get_world_cxform() and always setting
alpha to opaque. TextField::get_world_cxform() also affects border and
background colour of TextFields, so it would also be worth testing
whether these are affected by the parent's transform or not.

bwy

--
Free Flash, use Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/