Re: [Gnash-dev] Saved media not quite right

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Saved media not quite right
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:59:27 +0100

> It is curious indeed. I tried with the same video four times in a row
> and twice using wget with the same URL and got the same md5sum, but it's
> different from any of yours and from the one I got yesterday. The
> request to the google server includes lots of identifiers in the query
> string, though, and as this changes frequently, perhaps it's used to
> watermark the served stream somehow. For what purpose is anyone's
> guess...

I've reproduced it a lot now, using both wget and gnash with the same
URL each time.

The difference is just in the "sourcedata" field of the container
metadata / header. No idea why, but it evidently has nothing to do with
playback. Also clearly not a bug on the retrieval side, as it would
hardly just manipulate a couple of bytes always in the same place.

bwy

--
Use Gnash, the GNU Flash Player!
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/