Re: [Gnash-dev] Testing RTMP - need some help

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Testing RTMP - need some help
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:29:35 +0100

> I would like to so something similar as explained here for YouTube:
>
> http://wiki.gnashdev.org/YouTube
>
> for this site:
>
> http://rtl-now.rtl.de/
>
> For example, trying this video:
>
> http://rtl-now.rtl.de/dsds.php?film_id=10640&player=1&na=1

The javascript function AC_FL_RunContent() in the above page seems to
pass all necessary flashvars to the Flash player, which would be easy to
extract with sed. You can pass them all in separate pairs with the "-P
var=value" option, or in one long -P option with the pairs separated by
"&".

If you want to know exactly what the call to Gnash was for comparison,
set GNASH_OPTIONS=writelauncher and look for the relevant
gnash-debug-?.sh in /tmp (assuming you didn't change those locations
when compiling).

> I tried using the latest development version of standalone Gnash player
> (compiled myself from SVN checkout) and tried to set some debugging options,
> but I fail to get any meaningful error messages and I just cannot make the
> video play.

Doesn't RTL use an ActionScript 3 player? In that case, you'd get
messages about unimplemented ABC tag parsing.

bwy

--
Yes, YouTube does work in Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/