Re: [Gnash-dev] Question about shape fill styles

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Question about shape fill styles
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:49:58 +0100

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 04:33:49PM +0100, Alessandro wrote:

> I'm afraid this comment is not accurate. The 'f' shape would not be rendered
> if using fillstyle0. It should also be noted that some comments around gnash
> code suggest that the shapes parsed from an swf are _never_ self intersecting.

I suggest you take a look at the AGG backend.
It contains a good amount of comments about the flash rendering thing.
Something aboud even/odd rules or something :)
Also, AGG itself contain code to specifically handle flash rendering.

Beside, _never_ is a big word. Ming should let you
specify self-intersecting shapes.. possibly even tested
somewhere (go figure, our testsuite is a bit of anarchy).

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!