Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash plugin in WebKit and Konqueror

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash plugin in WebKit and Konqueror
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:42:58 -0700

John Wimer wrote:

> In the Gnash plugin, there is a check made to check the toolkit being
> used by the browser (NPNVToolkit). A comment suggests that GTK2 is
> required, and the code returns an error if it's not set. I don't know
> why this is required. Can anyone enlighten me?

  GTK shouldn't be required for the NPAPI plugin, there isn't any GUI
code in the plugin anymore,

> Konqueror 4.2 is another story. Here there are 2 different plugins, the
> kpart, and the normal NSAPI one.

  Gnash originally used kparts, which I thought was the proper way to do
a plugin for Konqueror. It wasn't apparent till later the NPAPI plugin
could work under Konqueror. In that case, it should be stating
kde?-gnash, not the gtk version.