Re: [Gnash-dev] RMTPE specification

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] RMTPE specification
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 14:02:47 -0600

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> Here is a cleanroom specification of RTMPE which has been documented
> from rtmpdump v1.6 source code.  updates will be at:
> http://lkcl.net/rtmp/RTMPE.txt

  Actually Gnash also now has an RTMP server called Cygnal. It was
released as an alpha with the Gnash 0.8.5 release. The next Gnash
release will have full RTMP* support, which is now working in my 'rtmp'
branch on Savannah. Unlike the other RTMP servers, Cygnal has a swf VM
builtin for server side ActionScript, since we conveniently have one in
Gnash I can use.

 Thanks for the RTMPTE notes! I agree one of our best ways to fight back
against this stupidity is to publish our own documentation with as much
detail as possible.