Re: [Gnash-dev] Looking for testers: MP3 delays

From: Robinson Tryon
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Looking for testers: MP3 delays
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:19:46 -0400

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:07 AM, strk<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 09:22:33AM -0400, Robinson Tryon wrote:
>

> Thanks a lot. Actual tone is not important, the gap is.

Fair enough. It was a rather fun excuse to try and remember lilypond
syntax, though... :-)

> Current trunk of Gnash will support the inPoint version.
>
> The MP3delaySeek I dunno what to do with. Surely I don't want
> crackly noise for adobe's compatibility...

Perhaps we should go with the maxim "'Tis better to keep your mouth
shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt," and
play just silence. The crackly noise really doesn't sound like it's
supposed to be there!

I don't know what kind of relationship the Gnash devs have with the
Adobe devs (I'm going to think positive thoughts here and guess that
you're on good terms), but you could perhaps ask them if the two
projects could clarify what happens in this situation together with
some test cases or something.

-- R