Re: [Gnash-dev] Looking for testers: MP3 delays

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Looking for testers: MP3 delays
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:46:32 +0200

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:19:46AM -0400, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:07 AM, strk<address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 09:22:33AM -0400, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> >

> > Thanks a lot. Actual tone is not important, the gap is.
>
> Fair enough. It was a rather fun excuse to try and remember lilypond
> syntax, though... :-)

For he record, that sound is produced with CSound, sources are
in the Gnash repository (testsuite/media). Just in case you want
more fun :)

> Perhaps we should go with the maxim "'Tis better to keep your mouth
> shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt," and
> play just silence. The crackly noise really doesn't sound like it's
> supposed to be there!

Probably silence is. My gut feeling is that the Mp3 delaySeek wasn't
meant to be used for event sounds at all, but only for streaming sounds
(where it'd be needed to sync with timeline framerate when jumping
to an arbitrary frame).

> I don't know what kind of relationship the Gnash devs have with the
> Adobe devs (I'm going to think positive thoughts here and guess that
> you're on good terms), but you could perhaps ask them if the two
> projects could clarify what happens in this situation together with
> some test cases or something.

This is a good idea. Feel like asking ? :)

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!