[Gnash-dev] "refreshing video frame for the first time"

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] "refreshing video frame for the first time"
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:07:22 +0200

I took a look at that annoying debugging message from NetStream:
"refreshing video frame for the first time".

The rationale for the code that trigger that message is that
when video first starts we want to show a video frame, even
*before* the buffer  (possibly user-specified) is not full.
This was tested as expected behaviour (probably to avoid user
starving at a black screen while the buffer gets ready).

I now see that the way NetStream checks for that video frame
existance isn't correct anymore.  It probably was when I first
wrote that code but was changed later. Basically m_imageframe
member of NetStream was not-null after first frame was decoded,
while it is now an auto_ptr thus made null whenever the Video
DisplayObject fetches a frame. Do you remember any change made
about that yourself Ben ?

The fix would then now be to add a flag to represent whether or
not a video frame for the current movie was ever fetched for
display. I'm writing here rather then fixing because I don't have
much time for Gnash hacking lately so I hope someone else can
take care of that. At worst, I'll have a record to know what to do
when I find more time...

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!