Re: [Gnash-dev] Subclassing and Method execution in debug log

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Subclassing and Method execution in debug log
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:03:51 +0200

> Is there a way to get a trace of the method calls which happen? The
> class PlayerApp has some code in the constructor of its superclass. I
> should see that running at least, shouldn't I? Unless the AS3 parsing or
> VM code doesn't properly handle subclasses and overriding of methods yet.

Yes, exactly this is a problem with AVM2 at present. As far as I can
tell there are no problems with AS3 parsing, but constructing classes is
not working correctly. One reason is the fact that the function call
never happens at present, but I will be fixing this and adding more
debugging once trunk builds again.

You can get lots of information about AS3 execution and parsing at a
verbosity level of 3.

Any test SWFs, the simpler the better, are welcome. Currently I can
generate simple testcases with as3compile so that Gnash will output
traces, but haven't yet found a way of including DejaGnu that's basic
enough for Gnash to run. This would be necessary for automatic tests.

bwy.

--
Yes, YouTube does work in Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/