[Gnash-dev] classes.all

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: [Gnash-dev] classes.all
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:56:05 +0200

I get 51 failures in as3/classes.all that no one else seems to be able
to reproduce, even with the most recent CVS version of haxe (which is
what I'm now using). However, my results are correct and the passes are
wrong. There are tests like this (from Microphone_as.hx):

if (Std.is(x1.gain, Int)) {}

to check whether a property exists. The test shouldn't pass because
Gnash has no such property for Microphone, but it seems that it does
pass for most people. The same applies to MovieClip.opaqueBackground,
which is stubbed but undefined in Gnash, yet still apparently passes for
everyone else.

I'm not sure what haxe is doing, as it won't let me test what happens
for properties that definitely don't exist (if haxe thinks Microphone
doesn't have a certain property, it won't compile).

bwy

--
Free Flash, use Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/