Re: [Gnash-dev] problem compiling 0.8.5 and trunk

From: Daniel Amor Martín
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] problem compiling 0.8.5 and trunk
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 18:36:37 +0200

Ok, I'll wait for the changes.

Thanks for you help.

Rob Savoye escribió:
On 09/02/09 08:58, address@hidden wrote:

I'm working with gnash in order to have it working under freescale powerpc
platform. I have been able to compile and use version 0.8.3 against FB
using AGG. Later I started playing with version 0.8.5 and trunk. My system
is ubuntu 9.04 and gcc is 4.2.4.

Should work fine, I've run Gnash on multiple 32 and 64 bit PPC platforms.

I have to manually set the SDL_CFLAGS in libbase/Makefile in order to
compile, the system doesn't set this variable with the SDL header path.
Later I in the compiling process I get this:

There are the --enable-sdl-incl= and --enable-sdl-lib= to adjust the path when configuring. Most all the packages Gnash depends on have similar options. When cross-compiling, use the --top-level directory to point to your sysroot where all the other files are located.

processor.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
processor.cpp:354: error: 'handler' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [processor.o] Error 1

Hum, I don't remember that problem in 0.8.5, but it shouldn't be in trunk. I'm very close to a huge checkin to trunk effecting all the RTMP code, the Handler class has been completely refactored, and Cygnal's network engine has also been totally refactored... RTMP streaming is now starting to work... :-)

./configure --enable-gui=fb --enable-renderer=agg --enable-media=none
--disable-shared --disable-menus --disable-plugins

- With trunk version the compilation stops when compiling files related to
the microphone. The configure call is the same.

GST I've discovered doesn't cross compile now, I plan to fix this as I start the release testing process for 0.8.6. (sometime in the next few days) At the same time I'll fix the media=none (and ffmpeg) build problems.