[Gnash-dev] setting breakpoints in a supporting library

From: dww
Subject: [Gnash-dev] setting breakpoints in a supporting library
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 12:21:39 -0400

I am trying to debug gtk-gnash to become more familiar with the code and
gain experience with gdb debugging.

I was trying to set breakpoints in IOChannel.cpp
I first did a
symbol-file /usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashbase-trunk.so
then I set breakpoint in IOChannel.cpp
and when I ran it got the following errors.

Warning:
Cannot insert breakpoint 7.
Error accessing memory address 0x7845a: Input/output error.
Cannot insert breakpoint 8.
Error accessing memory address 0x780fc: Input/output error.
Cannot insert breakpoint 9.
Error accessing memory address 0x78311: Input/output error.
Cannot insert breakpoint 10.
Error accessing memory address 0x780a0: Input/output error.

I also tried "br 'IOChannel::read_byte()'" for example
for a pending breakpoint and the breakpoints were not hit.

How do I set breakpoint in one of the supporting libraries?

Thanks

Dennis