Re: [Gnash-dev] using gnash to play BBC iPlayer content

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] using gnash to play BBC iPlayer content
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:13:14 -0600

On 09/11/09 10:32, Matthew Spencer wrote:

I currently have a pet project to get the BBC's iPlayer working with gnash.
I am using WebKit to display the BigScreen interface, with the gnash plugin
supplying the flash support.

I have a few questions for the list on how best to progress with the work,
seeing as I have a bit of time available to try and get this working.

It'll be more than a little bit of time... The BBC iPlayer requires RTMP support. I have RTMP support in an experimental branch, but it's not going to be in this next release due to not bring quite ready for prime time...

I'll gladly work with anyone who would like to take on this task from my branch and beat it into shape. Unfortunately the few people that have considered plugging into this effort realized there is a steep learning curve with both RTMP and Gnash. If you're willing to put weeks or longer into this, let me know, I'd love to hand this off to somebody while I continue hacking on Cygnal. (the server side of RTMP)