[Gnash-dev] How large is gnash executable expected to be?

From: Weidong Li
Subject: [Gnash-dev] How large is gnash executable expected to be?
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:21:13 -0400

Hi,

I am new to this mail list.

I recently built gnash 0.8.5 for an arm processor.  I noticed that the executable sizes of the resulting gnash *.so files are huge.  The total size of the libs are 85M, where libgnashcore-0.8.5.so is 67M.  This does not count in the regular dependency libs that are expected to exist in the runtime environment.  Is this large size normal?  Is there a way to make it smaller?

In contrast, the sizes of Adobe's flashlite 3.x and flashplayer 10 for the same runtime environment are each less than 10M.

Thanks in advance!

Weidong