Re: [Gnash-dev] Trunk test build experience: Ubuntu Hardy

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Trunk test build experience: Ubuntu Hardy
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:07:04 +0200

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 09:30:37AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

> >It then diagnosed the lack of libgif-dev and libsdl1.2-dev, which I
> >provided,
> >and it got past configure.  It's building now.  (Why does it need SDL when
> >I excluded SDL from the gui list?)
>
>   Unfortunately SDL is used with ffmpeg for media handling.

SDL is also used with gst media handling.
It's used for actual audio output (sound_handler).
There's no alternative implementation of that part, but
the architecture to make it possible is ready.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!