[Gnash-dev] long sound delay when using FFMPEG+SDL

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: [Gnash-dev] long sound delay when using FFMPEG+SDL
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:02:41 +0200

At last we've managed to get working audio on Gnash+Nomad. :-)

Now there is the problem that the audio is way late compared to the
screen (approx. 1 second).

For testing purposes I've made a simple movie that does a BEEP every
2.5 seconds and flashes while doing that:
http://www.indunet.it/temp/soundtest-polite.swf

Any clue what is causing this delay? Is there any large buffering
being used?

This is using current Gnash trunk + ffmpeg 0.5 + SDL 1.2.8.

BTW, even when uncommenting the GNASH_DEBUG_SOUNDS_MANAGEMENT and
GNASH_DEBUG_SAMPLES_FETCHING defines in sound_handler.cpp I can't see
those log_debug() messages on the console (using -v, of course).
However, text sent to std::cout at the same code position is visible.

Any ideas?
Udo