Re: [Gnash-dev] [Enhancement] Move "start in paused mode" to a plugin (t

From: Bram Neijt
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] [Enhancement] Move "start in paused mode" to a plugin (to enable white-listing and easier configuration)
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 11:47:23 +0200

Hi Rob,

The only whitelisting and blacklisting I could find was under the
heading "network connections". What I would like to do is auto start on
some pages and not autostart on others, and make it impossible to start
on yet others (pause enabled and then whitelist some sites, blacklist
some other sites).

These options only seem to allow me to blacklist all data from some
sites (like my firewall does), but in combination with the pause option
this does not allow me to autostart movies for some sites by
whitelisting them.

I understand your reasoning that it is a feature that must be supported
by other browsers as well, but I still think this feature should be part
of the browser (just like the automatically load images option, cookie
support, javascript support) and not part of the player. I guess that is
just a difference in opinion.

Thank you for your response!

Bram