Re: [Gnash-dev] Mips port...

From: Andrea Palmatè
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Mips port...
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 18:41:24 +0200

Il giorno 09/ott/09, alle ore 17:29, Rob Savoye ha scritto:

I'm not home to double check, but recall my two MIPS/Loongson machines ran at either 700 or 800Mhz. At that speed I could do software rendering
of YouTube adequately. Simpler swf files played just fine. Typically
ffmpeg has better performance than gstreamer.

 Certain types of animations in Gnash may perform better or worse
depending on our implementation. We spend more time focusing on
compatibility than performance unfortunately. Once we get better swf
v9/10 support working, we'll be able to consider going after performance
issues more than we have been.

the strange thing is that with easyvideo.swf, the same flv video is played quite smoothly on my 533mhz (not the hd videos of course). I know that the parsing and the execution of a youtube player is more heavy than play a video from disk but it is also strange that on my 933mhz i pass from 40% of cpu when i play the easyvideo file to >100% of cpu (that grow always) when i play the youtube movie. It is so that i think there is something strange.. but i don't find it.. and i assure you that i'm trying to test every single piece of related code.. I've also tested the gnash suite to be sure that all is ok.. and it is all ok.. weird..