RE: [Gnash-dev] gnash on mips performance issue

From: ZouJQ
Subject: RE: [Gnash-dev] gnash on mips performance issue
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:58:25 +0800

I am use --enable-gui=sdl with agg as renderer.
After run gprof, it shows the bottleneck is agg renderer.

Now I do a test. In function "Gui::display(movie_root* m)" gui.cpp, remove "m->display();"(Render the frame) and "renderBuffer();"(show frame on screen). The fps is the same as x86 !!!

1. Is there any way to optimize agg? Can agg do something changing on mips for better performance?
2. It is an exciting news that the next release will come soon, thank you very much. Does this release modify renderer much, such as agg and cairo ?