Re: [Gnash-dev] A thought about performance

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] A thought about performance
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 10:55:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 12 May 2010, John Gilmore wrote:

One possible way may be to automatically pause those instances which are
in background tabs and thus unseen.

It would be appropriate to stop rendering video and graphics when gnash's
window is totally obscured -- but we shouldn't stop other I/O such as
network I/O.

I explored this option a while ago, but at the time Firefox did not
provide plugins with information about their invisibility.

Bastiaan