Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube cookies

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube cookies
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 09:02:07 +0200

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 03:43:28PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

>   I noticed something today while tracking down a different bug. When the
> XPCOM support was removed a little while back (about the time cookies became a
> problem) a bunch of code for handling cookies was also removed. I'm not sure
> if this is the cause, but it seemed an intersting coincidence worth checking
> out...

Indeed I see that the curl adapter side still has cookie support
so maybe yes, the plugin side just broke.
You should be looking for an export of GNASH_COOKIES_IN env
variable. The curl adapter, when that variable is present,
will read the name of a file from there and use to send already-known
cookies. Similarly an GNASH_COOKIES_OUT env variable will make
the curl adapter write what it has (to include new cookies) on exit.