Re: [Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 21:11:00 +0200

Am Samstag, den 22.05.2010, 11:36 -0500 schrieb Rob Savoye:
> On 05/22/2010 07:25 AM, strk wrote:
> >
> >>   *  We figure out why Rob's pre-checkin test runs are not showing
> >>      things that Benjamin's post-checkin test runs make obvious.
>
>   It's simple, the System test have been broken for awhile anyway, but
> nobody noticed. I fixed them in my branch, but hadn't migrated them to
> trunk. I did that yesterday, now they all pass. The ExternalInterface
> test passed until bwy made some changes to "fix things", that I still
> have to track down.

Anyone with half a gnat's brain can see this isn't true. A simple way to
test would be to check out the revision before my fixes (revision 12192)
and run the testsuite. I know you're not a fan of empirical evidence,
but it would stop you making a mess of Gnash code.

I can also tell you exactly why the testsuite crashes after your commit.
It isn't a mysterious thing you have to track down, or indeed anything
related to my fixes. It's a blindingly obvious place where you've caused
a pointer to be set to 0.

bwy

--
Free Flash, use Gnash (but not until it stops crashing)
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

Benjamin Wolsey, Software Developer - http://benjaminwolsey.de
C++ and Open-Source Flash blog - http://www.benjaminwolsey.de/bwysblog

xmpp:address@hidden