Re: [Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Stable branch of Gnash
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 21:15:55 +0200

>   I did not drop any tests, you are just spewing. I fixed the test cases
> yesterday, as the two function tests were for a swf v7+ function, and
> the code in System_as.cpp was not creating them properly for that
> version. I see in revno #12195 both of those tests are not commented
> out, so I can only assume you are hallucinating. I am getting really
> tired of these baseless accusations.

You have failed to understand what the testsuite is for.

Let's start from the beginning.

The actionscript.all tests show how actionscript is executed in the
player. SWFs can be created with different version numbers, and some
functions are not available in all versions. Some functions have
different behaviour in different versions.

One purpose of the testsuite is to check which SWF version has which
function. The tests you dropped from SWF6 were showing you that the
function (System.allowDomain) is there in SWF6. You can verify this by
running it in the Adobe player.

You've dropped the tests from the SWF6 section, so now they no longer
show that the function is missing in that version. This means that your
change was wrong, but that you've simultaneously removed one of the ways
to find out that it was wrong.

Note, though, that as other people have reported, tests showing exactly
the same thing in other parts of the testsuite started to fail again as
soon as you reintroduced your bug.

Have I explained this clearly enough? Do you see what you've done wrong?

bwy