[Gnash-dev] make check results

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] make check results
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 13:28:30 -0600

With revno #12197, ExternalInterface works more correctly, and passes
the test case, which was verified against the Adobe player. There are a
few other FAILS and one XPASS that aren't part of this checkin. The one
XPASS seems to be from upgrading swfmill, and it may have broken a few
test cases too.

Before running all these tests, I upgraded all the testing dependencies
(ming, swfmill, swftool, haxe, csound) on the build slaves so everything
was using the same versions. (another potential source of differences)

Other swfmill related problems are these 4, which pass on Fedora 12, but
fail on Lucid or Lenny. Course Fedora also has issues with other tests,
which the other machines pass just fine.

FAIL: trace-test-runner: arguments
FAIL: trace-test-runner: super
FAIL: trace-test-runner: this
 --=[ testsuite/misc-swfmill.all/trace-as3 ]=--
FAIL: trace-test-runner: stack1

XMLSocket has problems on some older machines:

FAIL: Test case XMLSocketTester still running after 600 seconds, killing
it (deadlock?)

Also Date has problems on most machines. As discussed on irc, this may
be a configure bug that was supposedly fix.

None of these other issues is addressed by my checkin of 12197, as this
was focused on just ExternalInterface. Note that this checkin also
disabled Gnash from checking for XML messages from the browser. My plan
was to do something similar as FSCommand to have movie_root execute the
ExternalInterface::update(), which is what looks for incoming messages
in a thread safe manner. How ::update() gets into movie_root I'm open to
suggestions, or I'll follow my current idea of a plan.