Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube cookie bug

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube cookie bug
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:48:22 -0600

On 05/25/10 15:51, Rob Savoye wrote:

>> The curl adaptar code is libbase/curl_adapter.cpp, function importCookies.

  Thanks for the pointer, I just fixed this bug in my branch. I wound up
writing the cookie file like it currently works. The only thing
different is instead of piles of ugly XPCOM code, it's just an NPAPI
call. GetValueFromURL() is supported as of Firefox 3.1, and 3.5 is
what's currently in most distributions, so it should be safe to depend
on it.

  We could get rid of the file and pass it as a command line parameter,
but then we'd have to pass it down through some layers before it got to
importCookie(). Or set the actual cookie value in the environment
variable instead of the file name, and use CURLOPT_COOKIE. That would
require the least changes.