Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Development policies

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Development policies
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 20:11:29 +0200

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 09:12:17AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

>   As mentioned on irc, the policies are easy, it's how we handle
> differences of opinion that's important... Considering I just wasted
> hours fixing builds bugs caused by somebody else's recent checkin, I
> think this educational.

I think this is a policy point we don't agree on.
At least I don't agree on the first point of the handling you
suggested for "violations" ("1.Fix it yourself").

I've added my concern on the Discussion page for the article.

To repeat here I think "Fix it yourself" is not always recommended
unless in agreement with the committer introducing the violation.
This is to avoid clashing with work in progress and to be educational
wrt to the committer.

Btw, for those who didn't find it, the page is at:
http://wiki.gnashdev.org/CommitRules