Re: [Gnash-dev] Property case and AVM2

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Property case and AVM2
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 22:35:42 -0600

On 07/03/10 06:24, strk wrote:

>> Anyone else for this?
>
> I agree on kill any AVM2 code in Gnash.
> We'd better restart from scratch for doing it properly.

  Unfortunately, funding avm2 work turned out to be a waste of time and
money... :-( Nobody really seemed to want to work on it, and with
current resources, we'll never finish it anyway, so we might as well
drop it. Integrating Tamarin or Lightspark at this time is probably a
better option, although I seriously doubt anyone is going to volunteer
for that task either. At this point without serious funding, the chances
of ever achieving full compatiblity are probably a pipe dream... :-(