Re: [Gnash-dev] Media handlers

From: Adrian Panasiuk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Media handlers
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:07:06 +0200

>> 3. They're getting compiled but the static initialization isn't
>> performed. I can't think of a good reason (except possibly linking) why
>> that might happen.
>>
> but that's why i'm using a static lib instead of the shared one?

Hi, I have the same problem under Haiku and it's caused by the static
variable inside GnashFactory::instance function - it's linked into
different addresses in the shared libraries and in the gui executable.
I've been told this is because Haiku's linker doesn't support weak
symbols correctly.
A global variable for each Factory type should link correctly, you
could try that