Re: [Gnash-dev] Feature request: The ability to change the frame-rate

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Feature request: The ability to change the frame-rate
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 22:17:41 +0200

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 08:49:11PM +0100, Daniel Cook wrote:

> As things stand, the desired
> frame rate is 100 fps

Daniel, I'm working on the dump gui in these days so I'm happy
if you come up with ideas about that.

Please update your repository to get in sync.

The ability to change frame-rate might be nice indeed, not
just for the dump gui but for any of them (an --fps switch for example).

Anyway, for the dump gui what we really "desire" is tipically getting
the FPS suggested by the SWF author, as that will be appropriate for
any audio syncing too. This is already implemented  (fixed) in the
master branch, and tests are welcome.

If you still feel the need for an --fps switch and want to help doing
it, check out movie_root class in libcore. It has a _movieAdvancementDelay
which is set in the setRootMovie method. You'll want a public method
of movie_root to change that member and use it from command line and
maybe also from the GUIs (an FPS slider would be nice wouldn't it ?)