Re: [Gnash-dev] Features?

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Features?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:28:52 +0200

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 05:58:34PM -0400, Dennis Worthem wrote:

> > From: address@hidden
> > Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 21:16:28 +0200
> >
> > For simple and effective, I could think of a File->Save
> > functionality in the GTK gui. How would you like that ?
>
> strk, I think this would be a good starting point.
> Please send a few lines of "requirements".

Requirement number one is you try to find your way autonomously.
Number two is: don't be shy and ask when stuck.
Number three: take note of your findings, they may help others
(we have wiki.gnashdev.org to look for other's notes and add yours).

That said, what can I add about practical things:

 - Use the savannah tracker: look for an open task or open a new one,
   report there.
 - Make your own fork of the repo, it'll be easier for you to keep
   working on your patches and keep them compatible while the master
   branch changes. Best if you make the fork accessible for easier
   review by others.
 - Come say hello every now and then in #gnash channel of freenode IRC
   network. But remember that the mailing list is much more important
   to report to :)

Happy hacking.