Re: [Gnash-dev] Problems with PPC and Firefox / Mozilla libgnashplugin n

From: Andrew Brunner
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Problems with PPC and Firefox / Mozilla libgnashplugin not found
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 13:12:34 -0500

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM, strk <address@hidden> wrote:

> You should also have the binary in the build tree:
> plugin/npapi/.libs/libgnashplugin.so

I did.

>> Any ideas why the plugin didn't complile?  What can I do to get this
>> to work on my Apple Dual G4?
>
> Plugin should be built as long as gtk-gnash is built.
> Was it ?

Yes.  But I forgot to mention that I passed a few commands to ./configure.

I used --enable-gui=gtk --with-plugins-install=system
--with-npapi-install=system
That's why I expected make and make install to actually build and
install the so.

> To install you need 'make install-plugins'

Even if I specified the make options for configure?

But I ran make install-plugins from ./gnash/ and got a few errors.  I
switched the plugin folder and make install-plugins and saw that the
so was written and where it was written to...
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/...

But at that instant I guess firefox picked up the plugin and loaded
it.  Now my firefox keeps blowing out.  I tried to delete the plugin
from the system.  That helped a bit but now gmail crashes (firefox)
after I deleted to gnash*.so from my system.