Re: [Gnash-dev] broadcom crystal hd support

From: Jacob Beard
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] broadcom crystal hd support
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 20:15:50 +0100

I just tried Gnash with the crystalhd driver disabled. It still fails, but does so in a different way. With crystalhd turned on, the first one or two frames would be displayed, and then the whole UI would turn black, and the audio would cut off. Now, no frames are displayed (the video never plays), but the audio plays somewhat choppily the whole way through. Also, with crystalhd turned off, a popup window is now displayed consistently when attempting to load the video which says "VideoDecoderGst: initialisation failed", whereas with crystalhd turned on, I think this popup would only be displayed intermittently (I think it only happened once). Console output with crystalhd turned off is as follows:

ERROR: Too many attempts to read from the player!
DtsGetHWFeatures: Create File Failed
DtsGetHWFeatures: Create File Failed
Running DIL (3.21.0) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Opening HW in mode 0
DtsDeviceOpen: Create File Failed

Megavideo manifests similar behaviour. Vimeo fails to render at all.

Let me know what you think. Thanks,

Jake