Re: [Gnash-dev] You tube

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] You tube
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:03:43 -0800

I too have noticed that YouTube.com has stopped working over the last
week or two.  I'm using an old release (pre-0.8.8, from when I was
working on preventing it from maxing out the CPU after playing YouTube
videos) and I have no idea how to get a "commit identifier" for my
version.

I get a black rectangle with a SWF10, AVM2 movie.  Perhaps YouTube
removed the kludge that they were using to send Gnash a movie it knows
how to play.

(I've noticed that embedded YouTube videos play fine, though.)

        John