[Gnash-dev] TextField word wrap

From: Tim Retout
Subject: [Gnash-dev] TextField word wrap
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 01:33:27 +0000

Hi all,

Here's a small problem I'd really like to solve: the BBC Magazine's
quiz has text which should be word-wrapped, but it doesn't.  This
makes it *even harder* for me to guess the answers. :)

The most recent quiz (SWF8) has these URLs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11840916
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/nol/shared/spl/hi/quiz/player/quizplayer2.swf

It may not render unless you change the npapi plugin description.  An
older version (SWF7) might be at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/quiz/player/quizplayer.swf

Now, I'd like to boil these down to a minimal test case.  Running
'swftocxx' from Debian's most recent libming-util package gets a
segmentation fault for quizplayer2.swf, but does complete for
quizplayer.swf.  (Where should I report the segfault?  Is there newer
ming code to try?)  Both swf files seem to make use of SWFTextField at
some point, with the SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP and SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE
properties set.

This is as far as I'm going to get this evening - I need to find a way
to confirm in a test case that these SWFTextFields have wrapped
correctly.

--
Tim Retout <address@hidden>