Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash Temporary Files

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash Temporary Files
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 08:31:34 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:12:24AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> I wanted to get away from Adobe Flash, and am trying GNash (mostly the
> plugin for FireFox).
>
> It seems OK so far, except for one thing...
>
> I used to be able to go to /tmp and copy the temporary files of songs
> that I liked to somewhere else (before leaving the YouTube page), and
> then use WinFF/ ffmpeg to convert to .ogg or .mp3 or...

Actually, the newest version of the Adobe player doesn't put them in
/tmp anymore. Which is a pity. I used it not only to save videos I want
to keep (in fact I seldom used it for that, as youtube-dl usually works
better for this purpose), but more often to easily play a video in
mplayer, when Flash is too slow to play it properly on my machine.

(Unfortunately Gnash doesn't work with most video sites beside YouTube;
and also, the way Gnash permanently saves streams is actually less
useful for the use case I described: instead of just doing "mplayer
/tmp/Flash*", it's necessary to always specify the name :-( )

-antrik-