Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.9 status

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.9 status
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 17:59:42 -0700

On 03/02/11 12:01, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> 0.8.7, most had never been passed upstream until Hicham Haouari, the new
> Gnash package maintainer for Fedora, got to work on them two weeks ago.
> Bastiaan Jacques also triaged those bugs for the Gnash bug tracker, as
> well as fixing many of them himself. We're all particularly pleased to
> have long-standing sound bugs fixed.

  It's been good to get these bugs upstreamed and fixed. The last few
weeks of this release have been good, as most everyone has been pitching
in and fixing things. Plus it's been fun to see Bastiaan plugging in
after a long break, as he was one of the people involved in the very
beginning of Gnash.

> Hopefully they'll be ready for testing within a couple of days, so Gnash
> 0.8.9 can be the most stable version yetg along with all the other
> improvements.

  There is an rc3 file up in the repositories for testing. One advantage
of switching to a rolling release instead of a schedule is we can take
the time to fix all the critical bugs. Whenever the release comes out,
the distributions will pick it up anyway. The latest release candidate
is at:
http://www/getgnash.org/packages/pre-release-testing/gnash_0.8.9~rc3.tar.gz