Re: [Gnash-dev] Removal candidates

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Removal candidates
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:43:31 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 05:25:20PM +0100, Bastiaan Jacques wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> >librender/opengl
>
> There still is a great deal of interest in this renderer; some people
> may still elect to use it even with its limitations.

I have a hard time believing this, considering how thoroughly broken it
is. If nobody steps up to kick it into shape, there is no point in
keeping it.

BTW, has anyone tried using Cairo's OpenGL backend? Most likely it would
work better than the native OpenGL renderer...

(Also note that people seem to be actively working on making it work
with GLES too right now, which means we might get away without writing a
native GLES renderer...)

-antrik-