Re: [Gnash-dev] Removal candidates

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Removal candidates
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 20:44:09 +0100

Am Freitag, den 18.03.2011, 20:30 +0100 schrieb Bastiaan Jacques:
> I'm wondering whether the FLTK GUI is used at all. When it was written
> years ago, the idea was that FLTK2 would be released soon, but that
> still hasn't happened. I can sort of see keeping this for portability
> reasons, but even mingw32 comes with GTK these days.

FLTK 2 is permanently discontinued as far as I know, so I also would
recommend removing it.

> I'm fairly certain nobody uses the Aqua (native OSX) GUI either, seeing
> as it has never worked correctly. If a native OSX application bundle is
> to be built, I think it should use GTK anyway; even the GTK2 port for
> OSX implements enough features for Gnash.

Also fine by me. I'm in fact happy to remove all GUIs except SDL, GTK,
FB, and KDE4 since I don't believe the others are used, and each GUI
increases the maintenance burden considerably. I only care about SDL
because I haven't got anything else working under w32; otherwise it's
not a particularly wonderful GUI.

bwy

Use Gnash, the GNU Flash Player!
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/