Re: [Gnash-dev] Removal candidates

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Removal candidates
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:24:39 +0100

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 02:09:28PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

>   I don't barely understand this urge to remove code from Gnash

I think the GUI subsystem needs a pretty wide refactoring, to
do things like start up a gui w/out a movie and allow file->open.

Doing that and still keep support for all GUIs would be much more
work for whoever is going to do it. Of course we can decide to
decouple the two things and only ask whoever is going to do that
work to keep the default-built GUIs: gtk/kde/sdl/fb/dump

It's still a big set, but at least might scare a bit less.